HomePortalLog inFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belisari

PostSubject: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 11:53 am

I have installed v1.90 mod to discover the Monkey Universe, and runs very fine until the SP mission 4, because left Manhattan is IMPOSSIBLE: Battleships and ports heavy blows destroy my cool Defender MKII in less than a second... the original Freelance was easy.

Can I reduce the number or Cruissers or the power of his guns with mod manager or anyway?

Help, Please...!
Back to top Go down
Zantor
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 18
Posting Points (or spam points) : 0
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 12:11 pm

Hello, Belisari. Have you tried the Open SP mod instead of the full mod?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belisari

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 12:53 pm

But then I should abandon the wonderful Monkey Universe with so many ships, weapons ... and to return to the boring original Freelance...

what a pity!!!
Back to top Go down
LessThanJake
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 12:58 pm

No he means the Monkey Universe Open SP mod. It is put on as well as MU mod and removes the single player missions (to make it more like multiplayer) and gives you a choice of starting locations and cash.
If you know how to mod it is possible to remove the battleships from the mod, I wouldent suggest trying it (and would mean you cant play on this server)

Monkey Universe Open SP mod
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Activate the Monkey Universe 1.90 mod in FLMM, then activate the Open SP mod as well.
Hope it helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amun.forumonline.biz/index.htm
Nexus
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3999
Posting Points (or spam points) : 782
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 1:30 pm

You cant play the open SP on the 1.90 mod nothing was modded into it so you cant complete the game with it.

It's unsupported and trying it you do so at your own risk and we woll not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may or may not occur.

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 1:36 pm

For the "whatever'th time" Monkey Universe is primarily (and only really) multiplayer...

Thats it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belisari

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 2:12 pm

Thanks for answers. The Manager says 1.90 mod conflicts with Open SP, and I not have installed it.

But... I left Manhattan at least...!!! its a miracle...!!!

I fled at cruise velocity, and, in a foolish run, lost 120 bateries (all), 97 nanobots, a missile launcher.... In Mactan Base I see so many parts, components and guns of my ship have been damaged in yellow.

Advice: SP mission 4 with v1.90 mod must be really impossible with less than a Defender MKII, and with him is VERY hard: many times the Liberty Battleships destroy you in the first second, literally, and if you fled far away, fail the mission...

Thank you again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Tue 20 Mar 2007, 2:59 pm

No problem.

Its just no suprise however that it doesn't work properly with 1.90, because for one thing, it wasn't designed for it.
Maybe in the future I will do an openSP for it...just maybe.
It'll be a spare time thing though, as the important thing is the MP aspect, which i'm sure you understand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belisari

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Wed 21 Mar 2007, 6:55 am

OK. But I believe is better playing in SP before to play MP, to know the whole universe (where to buy and to sell, to that prices, etc) and not to be in critical disadvantage with the others in MP.

Anyway, the 1.90 in SP goes out definitively in mission 5, at arrive Baxter Station: simply, the game turn off. In my opinion, this must be aware in the mod readme text.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Wed 21 Mar 2007, 6:59 am

As i have already stated SP is unsupported in 1.90 so therefore does not need to be placed in the readme.

But yes always a good idea to have a play around on SP to get used to the game before MP

[TBH]Dark_Angel
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 249
Posting Points (or spam points) : -89

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Wed 21 Mar 2007, 10:06 am

Try the big daddy storyline for SP by FLYbyU one of the modders for MU, its rather difficult and a fine mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belisari

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Wed 21 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm

I must confess that i need MU mod like a drug because my Freelance original seems to me a poor and bored game.

In Lancers Reactor i have discovered the Open Singleplayer Mod for MU by Triplejh; is compatible with versions MU 1.87 to 1.89, and tested with 1.90 and seems fine... will see.

I will explore the MU for myself, and only after that i will play with the veterans in MU server...

thanks for your support, and congratulationes to MU designers.
Back to top Go down
LessThanJake
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Wed 21 Mar 2007, 12:19 pm

Belisari wrote:
play with the veterans in MU server...

I suck, come on and ttalk to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amun.forumonline.biz/index.htm
Monkeyman
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Posting Points (or spam points) : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Sat 24 Mar 2007, 10:53 am

If you want to run open SP game you can create a server and set max number of players to 1 and a pass word so no one come on server before you do and take the only slot. Disadvantage of this is that u start with 120K and u gotta do everything (but you can use FLshell). To get to your server open fldirectip.hta from EXE folder in freelancer directory. Type 127.0.0.1 as IP, click on add server and launch freelancer. Tried it with vanilla FL but i dont know if it works with MU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[PTA]Soreyes
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 129
Posting Points (or spam points) : -86
Registration date : 2007-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Sat 24 Mar 2007, 12:22 pm

Quote :
In Lancers Reactor i have discovered the Open Singleplayer Mod for MU by Triplejh; is compatible with versions MU 1.87 to 1.89, and tested with 1.90 and seems fine... will see.

I downloaded this the last saturday and gave it a try with 1.90. I had no problems with it at all....... untill I jumped into Alaska with my Starflyer. Nomads here?.......BOOM!!! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
af

PostSubject: Have you got pass mission 5   Sun 25 Mar 2007, 2:46 pm

Samething happened to me in mission 4, until I push F-G-Tab-W in rapid succession. But mission 5 when I enter the base in the nebula, the game crashed. I was wondering if the samething happen to you and how I would go about debugging it?
Back to top Go down
Warre
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 10
Posting Points (or spam points) : -3
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Sun 25 Mar 2007, 3:31 pm

Soreyes wrote:
I downloaded this the last saturday and gave it a try with 1.90. I had no problems with it at all....... untill I jumped into Alaska with my Starflyer. Nomads here?.......BOOM!!! Shocked Laughing

Excellent! That means the mod works as intended! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TBH]Dark_Angel
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 249
Posting Points (or spam points) : -89

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Sun 25 Mar 2007, 4:04 pm

Ok guys this MOD is NOT designed for SP use it was built and tested for MP, the chances of there being loads of bugs is very high, so like drags said for your computers sake DON'T PLAY ON SP as it MAY result in something that can't be repaired or something along those lines, its a microsoft game and microsoft is PRONE to crashes and breaks rather easily, like the 3D sound bug in FL rather than automaticly turning the 3D sound off the computer crashes which may cause lost files or deleted files or in the worst of circamstances it may destroy you OS .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexus
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   Sun 25 Mar 2007, 4:16 pm

As ive already said before any adverse effects you get on SP are your problem.

The 1.90 Modding Team is in no way to blame.

SP Is Not Supported In 1.90

Case Closed Topic Locked.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!   

Back to top Go down

Impossible to left Manhattan in SP mission 4!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1